Autumn is finally here, the sun sets earlier, so even though we don't have very cold temperatures, it's a time for cozy lie-ins on the couch, watching House of Cards, (totally addicted!!), and eating delicious comfort food. Here's a recipe I found on GOOP, Gwyneth Paltrow's amazing site, for gluten free pancakes. Spread some mascarpone, drizzle some honey on top and you're good to go.
Coconut Flour Pancakes
¼ cup coconut flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
3 tablespoons coconut oil, plus extra for frying the pancakes
1 tablespoon honey
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup almond milk
1/8 teaspoon almond extract
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon lemon zest
Maple syrup for serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and honey until mostly smooth (a few small lumps of coconut oil is fine). Whisk the eggs in one at a time. Add the almond milk, almond extract, vanilla extract, and lemon zest.
3. Fold in the dry ingredients with a spatula, and mix until just combined. Try not to overwork the batter, or the pancakes won’t be as fluffy.
4. Heat about 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
5. Add batter (1 heaping tablespoon makes one pancake) and cook for about 2-3 minutes on first side. The batter will not bubble as much as traditional pancakes, so be sure to check the underside and flip when golden brown. Cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side.
6. Continue cooking pancakes in batches until all of the batter has been used, adding more coconut oil to the pan as needed. You should end up with about 12 2-inch pancakes.
Looking good at home!
While being cozy means comfortable, do not simply not take care of yourself at home. Why should only strangers and your colleagues at work see you all dolled up? I know that as soon as I get home, it's off with the jewellery, watch and anything that pulls or pinches slightly but I don't put on really old clothes, just more easy going ones. Make the simplest effort at home and you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself. Just because it's Saturday or after work, doesn't mean your forgo a drop self loving. Swipe a little concealer under your eyes, rub on some creme blush over the apples of your cheeks, a tinted lip balm and maybe some mascara, perfume and you will not feel like the screaming two-headed- Mom + Bonus Mum of three teenagers!!!
From L to R: Mango, Cos, Cos, Mango, Mango.
Relaxing at home, find some shoe looking slippers, it's winter after all, I'm wearing and loving it, furry Birkenstocks. Yes, you're probably DOUBLE UGLY!!, but they're cool, warm and comfortable!
This week cook these amazing easy oven chicken breasts, so easy to make, juicy, healthy and serve with quinoa or rice!
Enjoy your week, even if it's already Tuesday,