When Spring comes around, I love to be tanned (actually, if I could all year round have a golden halo about me, I would) but I 'm quite pale, I'm Soooo careful about lying in the sun. I wear sun protection summer and winter, SPF 50 since I'm outdoors a lot, but living in Lisbon, with the glorious amount of sunshine we get, I think it's indispensable.
I 'm a huge believer in sunless tanning, a.k.a SELF TANNER!! It's really not as scary as it sounds, follow my at-home steps and you'll be ok.
- Prepare all your essentials and try to do this when you have some time to be naked for a little while, whilst you wait for the cream to dry off a little. When you do get dressed, wear light, loose clothing, and preferably not white. Do not go to bed as sheets streak your body and face.
- Exfoliate in the shower or in the bath, face and body.
- Pat dry with a towel, and do not put on any cream on your body or face other than the self-tanner you've picked, and do avoid putting too much of it on ankles, feet, knees and elbows.
- I use a self-tanner on my face every other day during the warm months, and when I don't have have time for the above steps, I use a body moisturising cream with a self-tanning agent incorporated like the L'Oreal Sublime Bronze body cream.
- This way I avoid using a lot of make-up, foundations and the like, just swirl a brush with a bronzing powder, a little coral creme blush and you can fake the glow.
- Avoid skin damaging wrinkles and melanomas!
These are my absolutely favourite products for a sunny glow.
No sun involved...